Friday, May 17, 2013

A Long Needed Update

It's been a while since my last post.  A lot has happened but it's hard to differentiate between specific events.  It has all sort of blended into one wonderful experience.  I will try and recount some of the memorable ones since the last time I updated.

I have been riding bikes around a lot.  I also visited the Brass Monkey last night and had a great time.  It is finally the weekend.  I plan to ride bike tomorrow up to a park that Joann showed me on Google Maps.  It goes along the river and it is quite larger than Ronxing where I have been doing my usual riding.  I look forward to exploring that place tomorrow.

I have been having a great experience with Joann at work.  She is like a mentor to me and is teaching me a lot about video production, but especially the work that goes into each process, and not just telling me and assigning me things to do as a boss.  We are going to visit a temple after lunch on Monday and she is going to show me how the locals pray with prayer stones.  She explained it to me briefly but I would much rather go and experience it for myself.

Next Friday is also George's last day at the company.  I have developed a friendship with him and will be sad to see him go, but we have decided to stay in touch.  I especially would like to see more of Taipei with him as my guide.  I wish him all the best working for Firefox-- what an exciting opportunity!!

Aside from that stuff, I have just really been enjoying working.  Since this is my first real work experience, I am learning a lot just by simply going to the office and interacting with my co-workers.  Ever since I switched over to video production, I have been loving every minute of it.  I also have some more tasks that I might do with the digbil staff when Jeff decides to assign me some things.  Joann also taught me how to use the pen in photoshop and create paths.  I created a very simple taxi cab drawing which she said turned out great, which I am happy about.  The 3D animator is a guy named Adrian.  He is very talented and also has a very interesting and artistic outlook on life.  I enjoy listening to him and what he has to say.  He showed me a 4 second animation clip that he had set to render.. amazingly it takes over 4 hours to render 4 seconds of animation!!  So much time that he is unable to work and must wait for the animation to render... it's quite a difficult waiting period I'd imagine.

Anyway, I am going out the door to find some dinner.  After that I don't know how I'll spend my evening.  I always enjoy walking around looking at people on the street while listening to Phish, it's nice to have some music to accompany my walks.  So I might do that again tonight.  We will see I suppose.  For now I have to depart.  Farewell !!


No comments:

Post a Comment